Congratulation Idan, Dvir and Aviv for the publication of the new paper discussing the relationship between genes architecture and gene expression cost. Read all about it on Molecular Cell website
We are excited to host the Genome Evolution Conference.
This meeting aims to bring the news in genome evolution by bringing together leaders and young students and post-docs from around the world. We will cover diverse sub-disciplines ranging from experimental evolution, theoretical and computational evolutionary dynamics, molecular evolution, cancer evolution and more.
here all about the translation and the miRNA machinery in proliferation and cancer in Tzachi's lecture at annual meeting of the British Societies for Cell Biology and Developmental Biology.
We are hosting the Genome Evolution Conference at the Weizmann Institute.
See the conference website here
Looking forward to seeing you in Nov 1-3 2016.
In this paper we discover how 3’UTR shortening potentiates MicroRNA-based repression of pro-differentiation Genes in Proliferating Human Cells.
In this piece, we describe the adaptation process as a relay race between physiology, epigenetics and genetic changes.
Read more on Cell’s website
Congratulations to Idan Frumkin for winning the Wolf Foundation fellowship for excellent PhD students.
We wish you continued success in your academic path.
Hila's groundbreaking work about the "A Dual Program for Translation Regulation in Cellular Proliferation and Differentiation" is finally out. You can read all about it here:
Mazel tov :)
Congrats Yonit, for winning best lecture award at the 3rd Graduate Students Conference in Genetics, Genomics & Evolution held at the Technion.
The lab's second paper at the new journal eLife has been published today with the title: "mRNA-programmed translation pauses in the targeting of E. coli membrane proteins".
You can read Nir's paper here:
Tzachi, Orna, Nir, Hila, Zohar, Ernest, and Idan will discuss the science we perform at the lab during the Israeli societies for experemental biology conference in Eilat.
- Tzachi will talk about "A DUAL PROGRAM FOR PROTEIN TRANSLATION IN PROLIFERATION AND DIFFERENTIATION" on Tuesday (February 11) at 1120 in Hall B - Herods Boutique.
- Orna will lecture on "YEAST ADAPTATION TO STRESS: A ROLE FOR ANEUPLOIDY" on Tuesday (February 11) at 1515 in Hall A - Herods Boutique.
- Nir will present a poster on "ELONGATION PAUSE IN THE TRANSLATION OF E. COLI MEMBRANE PROTEINS" on Tuesday (February 11) at 19:00-21:00 in Isrotel Sport Club.
- Hila will talk about her work on "HOW CANCER HIJACKS THE NORMAL TRANSLATION MACHINERY" on Tuesday (February 11) at 1545 in Hall I - Royal Beach.
- Zohar will lecture about "A COMPREHENSIVE tRNA DELETION LIBRARY UNRAVELS THE GENETIC ARCHITECTURE OF THE tRNA POOL" on Tuesday (February 11) at 1445 in Hall B - Herods Boutique.
- Idan will talk about "tRNA GENES RAPIDLY CHANGE IN EVOLUTION TO MEET NOVEL TRANSLATIONAL DEMANDS" on Wednesday (February 12) at 1615 on Hall B - Herods Boutique.
- Ernest will present a poster on "DECREASED STOCHASTIC SWITCHING MIGHT STABILISE BENEFICIAL FLUCTUATIONS" on Wednesday (February 12) at 19:30-21:30 in Isrotel Sport Club.
We were awarded an ERC grant "Control of translation efficiency in proliferating and differentiated mammalian cells", and are recruiting students and post-docs to study computationally and experimentally translation in cancer and in differentiation.
On Jan. 27th the Israeli Yeast Club will gather for its annual meeting. Idan will lecture about the lab's new publication in eLife regarding the evolution of the translation machinery.
You can read the research highlight here:
Today at 13 Sivan will talk about:
Ribosome Density Governs Patterns of mRNA cleavage in Escherichia Coli
Read all about Zohar's paper and her novel tRNA deletion library here: http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen....
Read about the evolution of the translation machinery here: http://elife.elifesciences.org/content/2/e01339
The title of Yonit's new paper is "miR-661 downregulates both Mdm2 and Mdm4 to activate p53" and you can read it here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24141721